Friday, October 19, 2012

Bittersweet

Assalamualaikum.

So a lot of things happened yesterday. (Okay not really, but please bare with me for I got really psyched over the fact that my life was actually a tad bit exciting for once.) I'm just gonna go straight to the point and write about it. Here goes.

The end-of-course exam for Physiology was yesterday and this course has officially ended. I would be lying if I say that I'm not relieved. the whole course was done in SCTL style. If you don't know what SCTL is, then you're lucky, because that means the university you're studying in doesn't have this method. Lol. SCTL stands for 'student-centred teaching learning' where the lecturer's job is only to facilitate the students, and we are the ones who have to teach our fellow classmates on the topic of the day. When I think about it, this method of teaching actually has a lot of pros. Unfortunately for us, the way the SCTL was conducted was full of crap, to say the least. It's obviously better if they prepare a lecture first before asking us to teach our classmates on the answers to the topics that we ourselves are doubtful of. But nooo. The lecturer does nothing but correct our mistakes. And sometimes, this one particular lecturer always leaves us confused and lost after every so-called lecture. I myself don't understand him with his thick Chinese accent, and even when I listen very hard I can never comprehend whether he's talking about facts or not. The final exam was difficult, I was trying hard not to bawl in the exam hall. But whatever, I guess my hormones had something to do with it, but let's not discuss that in detail. Haha.

So I went back home early, getting a ride from Miru, my housemate. Thank goodness we live not far from each other. I intended to take a much needed nap because of lack of sleep the previous night. Half an hour into the nap, I awoke, feeling my body drenched in sweat. Turned out the electricity had gone off. It went off for a while, so I had no Internet. We used broadband for a bit, but then my laptop ran out of battery. Tough luck for us. The water pipe also needed to be fixed, and I spent the whole of today at home because the workers come and go ever so often that we can't even go out anymore. Sigh. Anyway, I showed my mom Cotton On's website, because I found out that they have a huge sale, and the best part is that the shipping is FREE. I showed her the leopard-printed bag that I eyed for quite awhile and she also went wide-eyed because I know how much she loves animal-printed stuff. I asked if she can give it for my birthday and she said yes! I was so happy and the stress from the exam earlier yesterday died out instantly. Who knew, right?! Well I think everyone who are close to me would know that I like to shop. A lot.

I said to my mom that I won't go shopping for awhile and she quickly replied with a "yeah, right." she didn't waste a second to remind me that I'm an avid shopper. Lol. I don't really waste my money, but she just wants me to spend less cos I'm in college and blablabla.

I also bought myself a birthday present consisting of a dress and a pair of shoes. Because I can.


The bag my mom bought for me :)


The dress I bought for myself.


As you can see, I love animal prints.

I love shopping. I just wish I'm rich so that there would come a point where I would be tired of doing it. HAHAHAHAHA.

xoxo,
Zafirah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someone actually has something to say? Cool :)